Cooper's Forum
Hi there! I have noticed you have been wandering around as a guest.
If you are already a member please login, if not please register.

Thanks,
The Jurassic Park Universe Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cooper's Forum
Hi there! I have noticed you have been wandering around as a guest.
If you are already a member please login, if not please register.

Thanks,
The Jurassic Park Universe Team
Cooper's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for the ultimate JPOG mod... that unfortunately will never be made.

+4
Super Spino
RE:LSK
Jurassic Kid99
Sgt. Angel
8 posters

Go down

Happy  Topic Idea for the ultimate JPOG mod... that unfortunately will never be made.

Post by Sgt. Angel Thu May 21, 2009 4:56 am

I designed this mod a little while back, when I still had my old laptop and could mod the game. But, now that I have an Apple Mac and JPOG doesn't work on it, this brilliant mod will never be made. However, I have decided instead to immortalize it by putting the ideas behind it up on this site, so everyone can see 'the mod that could have been', as my friends called it.

The ideas behind this mod took a lot of research... I (literally) had to learn each internal detail of the game's code, down to FSM modding, multiple skinning, everything. After doing this, I managed to work out exactly what things could be changed in the game and came up with an idea for a new JPOG that not only restored what it was meant to be before it's release but also took it further then it's creators had originally designed it.

Fortunately, at the time a couple of things I wanted to include had already been made at Modding Genesis - such as a Tombstone, and a lot of the Dinosaur FSM modding. Over time, I continued to update the ideas behind the mod in the knowledge that one day I would sit down and create the greatest mod for JPOG ever seen. It would include things such as the Tombstone, Dino Vet Station, Lamp, Power Box, Automated Hatchery for Site B and a whole host of new Dinosaurs without the use of new models and would advance the game on a massive scale to make it even more realistic and fun to play. Environmental options such as slopes, cliff faces and even a new Tree model were added in. However, when my laptop broke, I had to leave the ideas for the mod behind, and they were never completed.

A month ago, I found a copy of the ideas document on a USB stick, that I had saved just before my Laptop broke. I opened it on my Mac and decided to finish it, updating the ideas so that they included not only my mods, but a host of other fantastic mods created at Modding Genesis to make the mod, which I named the Director's Cut, ten times more fun to play. It was also at this point that I included Compsognathus and Anurgonathus into the mod.

So, here it is, finally finished - the ideas for the greatest JPOG mod ever. Enjoy! Very Happy

Note of apology: the document is about 43 pages long. But it's written like the JPOG rules manual, so it's pretty quick to browse through.

Sgt. Angel

UPDATED Link to document ---> (uploaded on Filebeam) ---> http://filebeam.com/c4343b2d099dfa0a2e159c5fdf2b3999

Last edited by Sgt. Angel on Thu May 28, 2009 5:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Happy  Topic Re: Idea for the ultimate JPOG mod... that unfortunately will never be made.

Post by Jurassic Kid99 Thu May 21, 2009 8:57 am

BRILLANT!!! Im sorry it cant be made,and shouldnt this be in the "Mod "section if it its a mod?
Jurassic Kid99
Jurassic Kid99

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2009-04-11

http://www.jpog.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Happy  Topic Re: Idea for the ultimate JPOG mod... that unfortunately will never be made.

Post by RE:LSK Thu May 21, 2009 10:10 am

yeah, the JPOG forum maybe, i' m moving it

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Fri May 22, 2009 1:19 am

But it can't ever be made. The mods forum is for mods that can actually be made or are being made, isn't it? Razz This is better in the fan section as since it can never be made all it attributes to is a fan-made idea for JPOG.

Or am I completely and utterly wrong? Razz

Sgt. Angel

Note: I'm gonna update this copy soon btw, I uploaded the wrong one. The right one is the one that also included the Hunting Platform and updated Credits, as well as an updated signiture at the end of the document and other minor changes.

About the version that is up though, what are everyone's thoughts on this? Wouldn't this have been just such an awesome mod? I thought it was going to be quite revolutionary myself when I made it. Razz

Last edited by Sgt. Angel on Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Spino Fri May 22, 2009 2:40 am

I'm not fully understanding why it can't be done if you have unlocked all the codes? I mean you just might make history. But if anyone does get this mod in I could make new skins for the models.
Super Spino
Super Spino

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JP3 Raptor Nerd 01 Fri May 22, 2009 2:47 am

Brilliant.....but unlucky.
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01

Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Fri May 22, 2009 3:15 am

I know, I know. :/

Watch this post btw, i'm going to put the other version of the document on it for everyone to read in a min. Smile UPDATE: It's now ready for download in the first post of this topic as an updated version Very Happy

To Super Spino: unfortunately, I planned this brilliant mod back in the days of when I had my old Laptop. Unfortunately some... idiotic person (trying not to swear there, I know the rules)... put a virus onto my system and the whole thing crashed. The virus even spread so deep it trashed my Laptop's Motherboard.

I now have an Apple Mac, since when my Laptop broke it's all I had the money to afford (though I will admit despite the fact it can't play JPOG it is a far superior system). And unfortunately, I can no longer play or mod JPOG so this mod can never be made unless I make it, or help make it, since I am the only one who understands the methods behind everything that the mod includes.

So unfortunately, this mod was lost in time to all JPOG users. Until someone else finds out what I worked out and thinks themselves able to create this mod (and maybe even more) it will never see its own creation.

Thus ended my JPOG modding career. Razz all that remains is a couple of spare files, skins and the document from this topic on a USB stick to help me remember the days of old.

Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by k3ro120 Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:40 am

Excelent
k3ro120
k3ro120

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by k3ro120 Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:40 am

Excelent..
k3ro120
k3ro120

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RE:LSK Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:24 am

don't double post

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurassic Kid99 Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:01 am

And no one word posts either.
Jurassic Kid99
Jurassic Kid99

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2009-04-11

http://www.jpog.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:11 pm

What's meant by 'excellent?' Shocked

Excellent as in 'excellent idea' or 'excellent' as in sarcasm in reference to the post above it? scratch

Oh yeah, and k3ro120, don't double one word posts in my topic, thanks. If you want to comment on the mod, then at least give us all a general readable idea of what you think of it rather then just saying 'excellent'.

Anyway, so, to all who have read it: what are everyone's thoughts on the recent copy of the document I uploaded? Smile

Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:22 pm

how do i get it to work?

sean

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:50 pm

How do you get what to work? The document?

You download it. Razz

Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:12 pm

i did and what do you do with it?

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell Smart Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:52 am

*Sigh* You just read it
Maxwell Smart
Maxwell Smart

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2009-02-09

https://islanublar.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sean Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:07 am

oh ok.

sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down