Cooper's Forum
Hi there! I have noticed you have been wandering around as a guest.
If you are already a member please login, if not please register.

Thanks,
The Jurassic Park Universe Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cooper's Forum
Hi there! I have noticed you have been wandering around as a guest.
If you are already a member please login, if not please register.

Thanks,
The Jurassic Park Universe Team
Cooper's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compsognathus... and how to add them into your copy of Operation Genesis!

+3
Super Spino
Maxwell Smart
Sgt. Angel
7 posters

Go down

Happy  Topic Compsognathus... and how to add them into your copy of Operation Genesis!

Post by Sgt. Angel Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:24 pm

One of the things I felt most dissapointed about when I first got JPOG was the fact that Compsognathus, one of JP's most awesome and well-known Dinosaurs, was left out since Bluetongue couldn't be stuffed to make a model for them.

So, I worked out how to put properly sized Compsognathus into the game for them.

Two notes first though:
1) Your Dinosaurs will no longer poop. (Not that that's a problem.)
2) I can't produce screenshots since I can't play JPOG on my Apple Mac, only on the PS2 and I can't mod the PS2 copy of the game.

Ok, so: here is how to add Compies to JPOG.

1) Create a new skin for your Compy. I reccomend reskinning the Galli green or something.
2) Put one of the new skin into every .tml file in the game.
3) Go into your excrmt file located in your C:/ drive (or wherever you installed the game) and change the model it uses to Gallimimus. Link the excrmt Galli to your new green Galli skin in the Flaming Cliffs .tml. Give the excrmt file the same data as that of the Raptor. (Information comes from the .inx file, just copy and paste the bits you need to alter.) Also, give the excrmt the .nwt of the Raptor and the Raptor's TClass.
4) Go into all of your Dinosaur's files and change it so that all large carns and large herbs in the game can no longer poo.
5) Go into eng.txt and change the name for the entry excrmt to "Compsognathus".
6) While still in eng.txt, go back up to the top of the file and change it so that when Dinosaurs poo in the game, it appears as 'Catching Breath' on the Dinosaur's info thing. (The line you need to change for this is right back at the very beginning of the file, it's really easy to find.)
7) Play the game. You'll find that your small dinos poop out properly sized living Compies after eating. These Compies pack together like Raptors and act like mini Raptors.

Known bugs/issues: None, except that like I said your Dinosaurs will no longer poop in the game.

This is a more advanced variant of ERC's Dino Poop Mod, so credit for the entire pooping idea goes to her. Very Happy
Enjoy!
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Happy  Topic Re: Compsognathus... and how to add them into your copy of Operation Genesis!

Post by Maxwell Smart Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Good Work. Except when u mean add the skin to every tml in the game do u mean to do a MST ?
Maxwell Smart
Maxwell Smart

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2009-02-09

https://islanublar.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Happy  Topic Re: Compsognathus... and how to add them into your copy of Operation Genesis!

Post by Sgt. Angel Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:50 pm

On every .tml in the game, yeah. You need to have quite a bit of understanding of how to do MSTing to do that though, since each .tml file is different. Smile

All in all though, it's a rather simple method.
Sgt. Angel

Edit: btw, really sorry as its completely off topic, but I've just realised that the Deinonychus I have under my Avatar within my info bit on the right is the one they displayed in the Natural History Museum of London when I was 8! Very Happy I loved those animatronic Dinosaurs, and the Deinonychus was my fave, despite the fact they listed them as being Velociraptors! I've been searching for ages for an image of one of those. Smile

Last edited by Sgt. Angel on Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Awesome Deinonychus image!)
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Spino Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:54 pm

Nice find, but just a question. Why do you need to add it to ever tml. file? I mean wouldn't just adding it to the flamingclifs just be enough? Or is it that you need the skin in evey one so that the dino won't come out all black? But even so, great find, I'd love to do it just I don't have a very good understanding of multi tmls.
Super Spino
Super Spino

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 am

Reason why you should add it to every .tml is so that the game doesn't crash when the Dinosaur is pooped out. If you only add it to Flaming Cliffs and a Dinosaur attempts to poop it before you've unlocked that digsite, the game will crash. I know, I've tried it. Also, not everyone unlocks Flaming Cliffs every time they build a park on JPOG, so adding it to every .tml ensures that whichever digsite you unlock in the game, it will not crash when the Compy is pooped out. Just make sure that it doesn't appear as a Dinosaur you can obtain from Fossil Hunting though, since then you'll hatch Galli size Compies from the Hatchery rather then Compy size ones, which is why they can only exist in the game through the poop method.

Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell Smart Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:28 am

Well I'M TAKING THE RISK!
Maxwell Smart
Maxwell Smart

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2009-02-09

https://islanublar.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JP3 Raptor Nerd 01 Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:53 am

Me too, and good mod Sgt. Angel !
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01

Number of posts : 1541
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:10 am

Thanks. Very Happy

While I'm in the flow of making topics on this sort of thing, I also have an idea for putting the Jurassic Pterosaur Anurgonathus into JPOG as well:

1) Extract the skin for the White Bird you see flying across the screen in the game out of its .tml.
2) Reskin it to look like a Pterosaur. I reccomend basing the Anurgonathus on its appearance in the BBC series Walking with Dinosaurs, so you have a reference of what they may have looked like to hand.
3) Put the Bird skin back in its original .tml. Put another copy of the Bird skin into a digsite .tml of your choice.
4) Copy the Raptors' inx and nwt files and rename the new copies 'anurg'. Edit the anurg's inx and nwt files so that it only attacks and eats small herbs, Visitors, Goats and Cows and is scared of carns and large herbs.
5) Go into eng.txt and add a new entry for 'anurg', calling it 'Anurgonathus'.
6) Add a new digsite entry for Anurgonathus in eng.txt.
7) Add 'anurg' to a digsite of your choice.
Cool Play JPOG and hatch some carnivorous flying Anurgonathus! Very Happy

It's cool having Pterosaurs in JPOG as well as Compies. Rounds the game off nicely, I think. Very Happy
Sgt. Angel

Edit: Btw, this could be a good skin for the Compy:
http://files.filefront.com/Compsognathus+skinbmp/;13611722;/fileinfo.html

UPDATE!!!

I will be uploading the modded excrmnt files for the Compsognathus tommorow so people who want to put it into their game only have to add the skin to all the .tmls in the game! I will also be uploading an 'alternate' Compy skin as well. Smile

FINAL UPDATE!!!

Here are the files for getting a basic Compy into your game (you will have to add the skin and edit eng.txt yourself.)

http://files.filefront.com/Excrmtini/;13636643;/fileinfo.html <UPDATED! The first one didn't work, but this one has the damage error fixed. Smile
http://files.filefront.com/Excrmtinx/;13636605;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Excrmtnwt/;13636606;/fileinfo.html

Sgt. Angel

Last edited by Sgt. Angel on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added update...)
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Man155 Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Sgt. Angel wrote:Thanks. Very Happy

While I'm in the flow of making topics on this sort of thing, I also have an idea for putting the Jurassic Pterosaur Anurgonathus into JPOG as well:

1) Extract the skin for the White Bird you see flying across the screen in the game out of its .tml.
2) Reskin it to look like a Pterosaur. I reccomend basing the Anurgonathus on its appearance in the BBC series Walking with Dinosaurs, so you have a reference of what they may have looked like to hand.
3) Put the Bird skin back in its original .tml. Put another copy of the Bird skin into a digsite .tml of your choice.
4) Copy the Raptors' inx and nwt files and rename the new copies 'anurg'. Edit the anurg's inx and nwt files so that it only attacks and eats small herbs, Visitors, Goats and Cows and is scared of carns and large herbs.

It's cool having Pterosaurs in JPOG as well as Compies. Rounds the game off nicely, I think. Very Happy
Sgt. Angel

UPDATE!!!

I will be uploading the modded excrmnt files for the Compsognathus tommorow so people who want to put it into their game only have to add the skin to all the .tmls in the game! I will also be uploading an 'alternate' Compy skin as well. Smile

FINAL UPDATE!!!

Here are the files for getting a basic Compy into your game (you will have to add the skin and edit eng.txt yourself.)

http://files.filefront.com/Excrmtini/;13636643;/fileinfo.html <UPDATED! The first one didn't work, but this one has the damage error fixed. Smile

Sgt. Angel
can you make that a mod?! Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile
Dino Man155
Dino Man155

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RE:LSK Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Sgt. Angel

UPDATE!!!

FINAL UPDATE!!!

Sgt. Angel

Umm, smiley SPAM? the rules said that the smiley limit in 1 post is 5
RE:LSK

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JP3 Raptor Nerd 01 Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah. but he probably didn't even read the rules.... So.... Okay...Everyone (Before they come on this site) Read the rules, if you don't....then yu may smiley spam,Or if you have not joined a site before....you culd spam.....so.... please read the rules...Okay... Got it ?!

Okay....Back to Topic Very Happy
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01

Back to top Go down

Post by RE:LSK Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:50 am

got it, and

back to topic

Back to top Go down

Post by JP3 Raptor Nerd 01 Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:02 am

Good, at least you have Alan !
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01

Back to top Go down

Post by RE:LSK Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:04 am

what do you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by JP3 Raptor Nerd 01 Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:45 am

Read the rules...lol
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Man155 Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:50 am

Dino Man155 wrote:

Sgt. Angel

UPDATE!!!

FINAL UPDATE!!!

Sgt. Angel
can you make that a mod?! Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile
Dino Man155
Dino Man155

Back to top Go down

Post by Dino Man155 Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 pm

plz make the petro a mod that is useable in demo!
Dino Man155
Dino Man155

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Tue May 12, 2009 8:11 pm

Smily spam? :/

I would have thought the user who copied my entire post and added their own smilies at the bottom just to post that they thought my post was smily spam was a better candidate. Razz

And probably haven't read the rules? I not only read the rules, I gave my opinion and advice on them in the rules topic. Razz

A smily limit of five is pretty low though, folks. There's no way you can say a post in only five smilies. XD

Anyway, back to topic - has anyone added these into their game yet, and if so, how is it going for you? (I'm in the mood for bug removal, so yeah, if your game crashes or something, tell me so I can fix it. Very Happy)

And, only five smilies in this post! (well, three smilies and two smily types at least... are smily types exempt from the smiliy limit, or...?)

Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurassic Kid99 Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Two things:

Dino man,please dont spam,I wont you to earn your moderater position back.

Back to topic.
Jurassic Kid99
Jurassic Kid99

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2009-04-11

http://www.jpog.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Thu May 14, 2009 3:20 am

Uh, JK, that's only one thing Razz
Edit: or was 'back to topic' another thing?

As to the Pterosaur, how could I possibly make it usable only in the demo? It's hardcoded differently to the actual game. As it is, I don't even have the demo, just the actual game. Why not buy the actual thing so that I can give you the Pterosaur for the actual game itself and not the demo? (Which you can't add any new Dinosaurs to anyway?)

Anyway, like I said, has anyone added these into their game yet? If so can I get some reports from people about if it works for them or not? Cool

Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by JP3 Raptor Nerd 01 Thu May 14, 2009 5:02 am

Sgt. Angel wrote:Uh, JK, that's only one thing Razz
Edit: or was 'back to topic' another thing?

As to the Pterosaur, how could I possibly make it usable only in the demo? It's hardcoded differently to the actual game. As it is, I don't even have the demo, just the actual game. Why not buy the actual thing so that I can give you the Pterosaur for the actual game itself and not the demo? (Which you can't add any new Dinosaurs to anyway?)

Anyway, like I said, has anyone added these into their game yet? If so can I get some reports from people about if it works for them or not? Cool

Sgt. Angel

It means, we must get back on topic
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01
JP3 Raptor Nerd 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jurassic Kid99 Thu May 14, 2009 9:13 am

LIKE right now!!
Jurassic Kid99
Jurassic Kid99

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2009-04-11

http://www.jpog.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt. Angel Sat May 16, 2009 5:07 am

I was on topic, till JP3 RN 01 posted back. Razz

And the post didn't even answer my question properly, either. I knew what it meant, I was just stating that he only said one thing. But yeah, anyway.

Anyway, yeah, so, back to topic. Again. Has - anyone - tried - out - the - Compies - yet - in - their - game? - And - if - so, - do - they - work - properly?

Sgt. Angel

Edit: Ooh, just noticed though - completely off topic, so I apologise - but this is my 100th post on this site! Very Happy I am now and officially a Dilophosaurus. Awesomeness! What a Face
Sgt. Angel
Sgt. Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum